Tuesday 7 December 2010

ASK AN ARTIST- WILL BROOME 07/12/10

GOOGLE
Hello
 1. Describe your work in less then 10 works.

 

Is that 'work' or 'words'?
 I'm going to gamble on words: I prefer this description

'I am a younger version of Rolf Harris on acid'  
2. What motivates you? 
 World domination mainly. The obvious things I guess. Making good work. Making stuff that people 'wan't' and appreciate. I still get a buzz when I see it on a t-shirt or something. Being an artist or a designer are quite a vain occupations I think. 


 3. What makes a good piece?  
 Ummmm. When it just 'happens' easily, when it's not a struggle, when it 'works'. When I get sort of into a bubble and I am working fast. I might not have seen or spoken to another human for 3 days when it gets like that. I like it when it just clicks. This normally happens late at night. I work best late. I could never do a 9 to 5 job, but I can easily work 5 to 9. 


 4. How do you want an audience to react to your work?  
 I kind of answered this by accident in question 2 . I want them to buy it, I don't want to live in a garret starving, drunk on Absinthe whilst contemplating whether to cut my ear off or not. 


 Hope that helps 


Good luck 


 Will



Whilst researching some artists for my critical journal I finally found out the illustrator responsible for my Marc by Marc Jacobs watch- Will Broome!



I decided to email him some questions and I'm quite star struck he's actually replied to my clichéd questions and in less than a day. 



Thought I'd share his reply to fellow fans/art students.



Thanks Will :)

No comments: