Thursday 17 February 2011

INTERVIEW 1

I WILL REVEAL ALL THE PLACES I'VE APPLIED TO WHEN THE PROCESS IS OVER.

So yesterday (17/01/11) I had my first 'proper' interview since applying for F.A.D. I've heard many great things about the uni and it was ranked as one of my top choices, so I was naturally very nervous it would be the first one. 
The town is wonderful, has absolutely everything you need in a small compacted area (has same stuff as Leeds just not as spread out) and very close to the uni (5 minute walk). 
Anyway the process was we had to do this mini essay not directly relating to G.D just a reflection of ourselves while the tutors would review all our portfolios. 3rd year students would then give us a 10 minute tour round the building and then in groups of 5 we had to pick a piece of work and discuss it briefly with the tutors.
So how did my interview go..............hmmm. The tutors didn't really question the other candidates till they got to me. I'm guessing they had written notes about our work so they 'knew' what our work was like. Anyway I got grilled, not in a bad bitchy way but I had to defend myself on why I wanted to do this particular course and not illustration. They said their emphasis was more the conceptual side and not necessarily a huge importance on crafting (which is something I believe in......good ideas needs a good execution). And I had to really make sure it was the course for "me"- I got minus brownie points for not being at the open day. All that was pretty much directed to me, in fact I think they were facing and only looking at me.

How do I feel? Well, at least they're honest. The course "wouldn't be for me" seemed to be the main theme. 

No comments: