Saturday 5 February 2011

PUPPET: START TO FINISH


Original idea
Hand fabric manipulation!
Blogger why do you insist on rotating my images?! Oh and final result!

Brief: craft a 3 dimensional, moving character. The character is to be based on you. It could represent a hidden side of your personality, your alter ego, your ‘Id’ or a construct which you present to the world. You must consider this character within the context of Puppetry. It must be constructed in such a way that it can be made to move, even appear alive.
So yeah the puppet is me. A fashion ghost-thing. This wasn't the original idea I wanted to do a puppet of my beloved duck-dog character but it sort of moved on to this ghost idea. I wanted to incorporate some textiles into it as you know I love and miss it, so the making of the body was lots of fun as I got to mess around with decoration techniques. 
Also you may of noticed the cage is on the outside now which I think adds to the whole look ( I had Elizabethan images in my head whilst making this). The red ink is the face and wish it would of bleed more nicely but I think the polyester makes it a 'biatch' to dye. Obviously my puppet can only bob up on down but it also makes a cool handbag accessory. OK, I did totally try and blag that one.

No comments: